Destiny Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a new duel academy, Join us and you will not regret it

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yugiohmania827
Admin
Admin
yugiohmania827

SoD Level :
Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Warning :
Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? Right_bar_bleue

Posts Posts : 57
Destiny Points Destiny Points : 8346

Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? Empty
PostSubject: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Hello my fellow members of the academy. It is me again, yugiohmania827. Today I will be talking about the fabled Wind-Up deck for next format. Most people are opting to play another deck, or are just gonna wait until the format changes. I am telling you, those are not wise decesions. Now most of you are probally like, wtf are you talking about, Wind-Ups cant be good. I am here to prove you wrong. I have been play testing in both real life and on DN. The deck is still alive and can be amazing if used properly. Let's get right on into the deck discussion.
Wind-Ups, the famous deck that could rule 3 formats. The format they came out they were recognized as good. The format people realized the hunter loop. Last format where people used the magician shark combo to get multiple xyz and shock master on the field. You may be thinking, ok so this is true but what does this have to do with this format. They will be dead with magician at 1 and zenmeighty banned. This is where I prove you wrong. The deck can function still and is a force to be recogned with. I have not personnally lost using my wind-up deck yet, either the people i face suck or the deck is good. Down below is a link to my wind-up deck:
https://i.imgur.com/zUl0ZlU.png
Notice anything different from the old build? Go on ahead and guess. You cant, ok I will tell you. In this build I use 3 Wind-Up Warrior and 1 Wind-Up Honeybee. This is extremly important to at least play warrior now. His effect is why Wind-Ups can still be good. Wind-Up Warrior reads: 'You can target 1 face-up "Wind-Up" monster you control; until the End Phase, Increase its Level by 1 and its ATK by 600. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.' Now how is this effect good in any way, or how can this help me make combos to win. Well for one, HE TARGETS EVERYONE WIND-UP MONSTER (excluding xyz)! This is a big effect for the face being, now the xyz plays are still live. I am gonna go over an old combo in which you draw a Wind-Up Magician, Wind-Up Shark, and Wind-Up Factory. Before you used to activate factory, normal magician, special shark. Then you would add shark and special summon another magician. Then you would special summon Shark from hand and special summon a Rat in attack position. then you go xyz rank 4 shock master using 2 sharks and a magician. Use shock master effect to negate a card detaching shark. Then use Rat effect to special summon shark from grave. You then use shark effect to go lv 3 and xyz leviathan. Right there you have a monster with 1800 DEF points in deffence (you special magician in deffence for this play and xyz with the ATK magician.), a 2300 Beater that negated a card effect from being used (usually spells or traps unless your opponent has nothing on their field. You call monsters AFTER your combos), and a 2500 Beater in one combo. This is an old combo that was easy to make and yet sadly some people do not realize it.
Now I will bring you into a combo with Wind-Up Magician, Wind-Up Factory and Wind-Up Shark. This is a play easily made after the banlist. You activate factory and normal summon magician. Next you special summon shark, using factory to add a shark and then special summon wind-up warrior. Now you can special suimmon shark from hand. Sadly you cannot go as plus as before. Here you can go into shock master and use the effect but that is not recomended. Here I would go into Utopia with a shark and magician, then use warrior and shark to make tiras. Utopia now negates attacks. Tiras cannot be destroyed by card effects. More damage and still a sacky field. This play is not as long but again new plays after a banlist a bit hard to get used to. This is still a great play that was accesible last format but instead of warriro you used your last shark.
Next, lets talk about Wind-Up Honeybee. Now, you can add her to your combos but I do not generally because it can get incosistent. I only run her at one due to her searching capabilities. Her effect: ' When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Wind-Up" monster from your deck.' This effect is very easy to understand and is one of the reasons why the card is used. Basically when it is destroyed by battle and goes to the grave, you can special summon any Wind-Up like the effect says. Why is this good? Well for starters, you have a monster that you could set on the first turn with some protection and use it to special summon Wind-Up Magician and protect that for combos. If you are facing anything like Macro Rabbit then you generally side it out. Still that search ability is great to have.
There you have it folks, this is my lessons on Wind-Ups for the new format. If you guys have any questions or would like a lesson on various combos in the game that can OTK or cause your opponent to be salty then just ask. Till next time its yugiohmania827 signing out.
Back to top Go down
genexwrecker
genexwrecker

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

Posts Posts : 24
Destiny Points Destiny Points : 8295

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 pm

they are not dead in fact they are still very good and can probably still top
Back to top Go down
yugiohmania827
Admin
Admin
yugiohmania827

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 am

Yes, but what I have heard is that they are supposedly dead. I am building the deck and I dont care what they say, the deck is still good, and if you know how to combo you win.
Back to top Go down
Lelou1524
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome
Lelou1524

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

Posts Posts : 250
Destiny Points Destiny Points : 8997

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 am

yee i agreed with you people, when i saw the topic name i was like : they are not dead ._.
Back to top Go down
https://destinyduel.forumotion.com
genexwrecker
genexwrecker

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 am

summoner shark otk anyone?
Back to top Go down
yugiohmania827
Admin
Admin
yugiohmania827

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 am

Well that is a good otk, but I have found it to be incosistnet. I have tested and what you saw is my final build.
Back to top Go down
genexwrecker
genexwrecker

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 pm

wit till next banlist when monk is at 3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yugiohmania827
Admin
Admin
yugiohmania827

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Still not gonna play, I miight tech one but I truly like my spells. I like to use them not just get rid of them. As you can see my s/t line-up is generally what is staple and can change game states.
Back to top Go down
lavaman555
Plasma Red
Plasma Red

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

Posts Posts : 10
Destiny Points Destiny Points : 8244

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm

genexwrecker wrote:
wit till next banlist when monk is at 3 Very Happy
Just checked Shriek and it says that Monk is staying as it is.
Back to top Go down
yugiohmania827
Admin
Admin
yugiohmania827

SoD Level :

Warning Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:00 am

I think he format after the March format
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?   Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wind-Ups: Are they truly dead in March 2013?
Page 1 of 1